“Cool” 😎 HTML That Can be Added to Blog Comments:
- (Quick Codes for Ghost and Kat)
- Bold Text
- Italicized Text
- Bold, Italicized Text
- Fun Shapes ♥♔★
- Smileys ➡ 😳 😯 🙄 😎
Side Note: Edublogs’ blogs allow you to use HTML in comments, but there are some blogs that don’t allow HTML. I am not sure which ones; I guess we will just have to experiment and see, or else I may need to do some more research on the matter.
1. How to add a Link to Your Blog/Website:
- First, copy and paste the HTML code, found below, into your blog comment.
- Then, from the browser bar, highlight the complete URL (website/blog) address you want to link to.
- Now, right click with your mouse and click copy.
- Then, go back to the blog comment where you pasted the HTML code, completely highlight (http://pasteURLhere.com) in the code, right click mouse and click paste, which should paste in your URL address (Make sure you have not added any spaces, and that your address is surrounded by quotes and begins with “http://” )
- Lastly, highlight (type link text here) in the HTML code, and replace with what you want your link to say. You can make you link fun, like TheWarriorKat Awesomeness or YaY! Homeschool Towers (It will appear just as you typed it; you may add spaces when typing the link text.)
*Important: Make sure you have not deleted anything highlighted in yellow. (Look at code below.)
2. Quick link codes for Ghost and Kat:
- Copy your html code and past into your blog comment:
- Kat, it will look like this in your comment: TheWarriorKat
- And Ghost, it will look like this in your comment: GhostSoldier
3. To make text bold:
- copy the HTML code below, paste in comment, replace “This is bold text” with whatever word you want to look bold.
- *Hint: If you want a space between your words, place a space before and after the code.
- Look at the spacing in the example below, I added a space after “I,” inserted the code, and put a space after the code, but I wanted the exclamation marks to be right after the word “cream,” so I inserted the code right after “cream” without any spaces.
HTML Code: <strong>This is bold text</strong>
For example, if you typed: I <strong>love</strong> fried ice cream<strong>!!</strong>
The sentence will look like this after you post it: I love fried ice cream!!
4. To Make Text italicized:
- copy the HTML code below, paste in comment, replace “This is italicized text” with whatever word you want to be in italics.
HTML Code: <em>This is italicized text</em>
For example, if you typed: What is your <em>favorite</em> food?
The sentence will look like this after you post it: What is your favorite food?
5. To Make bold, italicized Text :
- copy the HTML code below, paste in comment, replace “bold,italicized text” with whatever word you want to be in bold italics.
HTML Code: <strong><em>bold,italicized text</em></strong>
For example, if you typed:
What would you do if you won a <strong><em>hundred million</strong></em> dollars?
The sentence will look like this after you post it:
What would you do if you won a hundred million dollars?
6. To Add Fun Shapes:
- Copy the code for the shape you like, and paste it into your comment.
7. To Add Smileys, also know as “emoticons.”
- Copy the text next to the smiley you like, and paste into your comment.
- Make sure to add a space before and after the code.
All of this may seem a little bit confusing at first, but after you practice using the codes in your comments for a while, it will be “easy as pie.” 😆
Back to Top