Why is making a great comment important?
- The purpose of commenting is to connect, to engage other bloggers in conversation; not to just say, “Hey, yo, your blog is awesome, check out my cool blog.” 😎
How to write a super-duper comment:
- Write your comment like a letter: include a greeting, comment, and a closing. You may also include a link back to your site. (How to do that.)
- Make sure your comment is related to the post you are commenting on.
- Compliment the writer/blogger in a specific way. For example: you could comment on this page and say, “You certainly added a lot of information on how to write a super-duper blog comment. It has been very helpful. Thank you.”
- Ask questions to keep the conversation going.
- Add something to the conversation, maybe a similar experience you have had, or something you know about the topic.
- Be Interesting and Funny. Everyone loves humor.
- Try to use at least one of the following: dress-ups, sentence openers, decorations, or sentence styles. (Use your IEW app if you need help.)
- Try not to use your banned words: good, great, nice, fun, like, thought (This is challenging, even for me. Use your Webster app to find a synonym.)
- Spice it up. Add fun shapes or smiley faces to your comment. 😯 😎 (How to add shapes and smiley faces.) 😉
- Make sure your comment is the kind of comment that you would like to receive.
- Before posting: check your spelling, grammar, and punctuation marks.
IMPORTANT: Do not reveal any personal information about yourself. Always ask, if you are unsure about anything you are posting.